Biomarker Metabolomics Analysis
We can provide biomarker analysis for the following:
- Diagnostic biomarker assays: biomarkers that detect or confirm the presence of a disease or identify individuals with a disease subtype
- Surveillance biomarker assays: analysis of markers to assess disease states or the effects of exposure to medical products or the environment
- Pharmacodynamic/Response Biomarkers: Biomarkers to analyze the biological response of individuals exposed to medical products or environmental factors
- Predictive biomarker testing: analysis of markers to identify individuals who will experience positive or negative outcomes as a result of exposure to medical products or environmental factors
- Prognostic biomarkers: Identify possible biomarkers during disease recurrence or progression
- Safety biomarkers: detection of biomarkers used to indicate toxic effects before or after exposure to medical products or environmental agents
- Susceptibility/risk biomarkers: analysis of biomarkers that may contribute to an individual's chance of developing a disease or other medical condition
Biomarkers are signaling indicators of abnormal changes at the molecular cellular individual or population level in response to environmental influences prior to serious damage to an organism. Biomarkers are commonly used to characterize disease status (whether a disease/subtype is present), drug sensitivity, and physiological status monitoring. Biomarker assays provide an important reference for the prevention, treatment and prognosis of harmful biological effects, not only for individual health monitoring, but also for group health assessment.
Creative Proteomics offers biomarker assays based on metabolomic technologies to support your basic disease research and drug development, or to develop and validate assays to suit your specific requirements.
The Process for Biomarker Assay
The establishment of metabolic profiles requires qualitative detection of metabolites with statistically significant differences. For example, chromatography-mass spectrometry is used to establish metabolic profiles of biological samples such as blood, urine or saliva from people with different levels of exposure to external factors or diseases to obtain specific metabolites. The specific metabolites obtained by different chromatographic methods are screened against the corresponding mass spectrometry libraries. The screened specific metabolites are compared with the standards using secondary mass spectrometry experiments so that the specific metabolites can be confirmed.
If you want to know more, please contact us. Looking forward to cooperating with you.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.