Anthocyanins are a class of flavonoid compounds widely found in plants, synthesized in the cytoplasm and accumulated in the vesicles. They are present in many plants as the parent pigments of red, blue and purple pigments, which play an extremely important role in food quality, character and chemical classification markers in plant biology. In addition, anthocyanins have strong antioxidant properties as well as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral activities, and are widely used in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Creative Proteomics can provide HPLC-MS technology platform for qualitative and quantitative analysis of anthocyanins for customers in various fields to accelerate your project progress.
Fig1. The molecular structure of anthocyanins (Cooke, D.et al., 2006)
Fig2. Biosynthetic pathway of anthocyanin (Zhang Y et al., 2019)
Applications of anthocyanins analysis
- Study the growth, development, maturation, senescence and other processes of plants
- Study the nutritional value of plants
- Research on agronomic traits and coloring mechanism
- Research on dyes, food colorings, cosmetics, etc
- Research on skin health and beauty
- Research on medical health
Detectable anthocyanins at Creative Proteomics
※The project items are constantly being updated, not only those listed, please contact our staff via email to get more latest information and related information.
The technical route of targeted metabolomics of anthocyanins
- AB Sciex QTRAP® 6500 LC-MS/MS
Strict quality control
It takes about 1-4 weeks.
Creative Proteomics has leading technology, first-class R&D and production equipment, and has established a complete metabolome service system for plants. Our professional team has many years of experience in metabolomics, bioinformatics, and statistics, and can help you plan, conduct and report metabolomics research, so that your upstream and downstream experiments can be seamlessly connected. We can provide a wide range of target metabolomics services, including target metabolic pathways, target metabolite analysis, etc. You can also perform personalized customization services at the same time during the data analysis stage. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- Zhang Y, Li Y, Li W, et al. Metabolic and molecular analysis of nonuniform anthocyanin pigmentation in tomato fruit under high light. HORTICULTURE RESEARCH, 2019, 6(1).
- Cooke, D., Schwarz, M., Boocock, D., Winterhalter, P., et al., Effect of cyanidin‐3‐glucoside and an anthocyanin mixture from bilberry on adenoma development in the ApcMin mouse model of intestinal carcinogenesis—Relationship with tissue anthocyanin levels. International Journal of Cancer, 2006, 119(9).
- Widyadharma I P E, Soejitno A, Jawi I M, et al. Basic Properties of Anthocyanin for Pain Management. Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2020, 8(F):161-179.
- Carolyn, E, Lister, et al. Phenylalanine Ammonia-lyase (PAL) Activity and its Relationship to Anthocyanin and Flavonoid Levels in New Zealand-grown Apple Cultivars. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, 1996, 121(2):281-285.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.