Short Chain Fatty Acids Analysis
SCFAs are mainly produced by the digestion of indigestible sugars such as dietary fiber, resistant starch, oligosaccharides, etc. in the colon by the fermentation of beneficial bacteria such as lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria.
SCFAs are gradually becoming known as signal molecules that regulate diet, intestinal microbes and the host. SCFAs can maintain the electrolyte balance in the intestine, induce cancer cell differentiation and apoptosis, and regulate gene expression. It can improve body composition, glucose homeostasis, blood lipid profile, reduce weight and colon cancer risk. As the main energy substrate, SCFAs can also have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects. It also affects chronic diseases through various mechanisms, and plays an important role in maintaining the metabolic homeostasis of colonic epithelial cells, which can protect the colon from external damage and have a potentially positive impact on colon diseases.
Potential gut–brain pathways through which sCFas might modulate brain function (Boushra et al., 2019)
Based on GC-MS and LC-MS technologies, we developed an analysis platform for SCFAs analysis. The external standard method is used to quantify the SCFAs, and the internal standard is used to calibrate the SCFAs, which can achieve the absolute quantity. Our short-chain fatty acid analysis services can be applied to many industries, including biomedicine, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, animal husbandry, food, nutrition and other fields.
To detect more than 15 short chain fatty acids, we follow the basic process shown below. At the same time, we will adjust the experimental method according to different natures of samples, since Creative Proteomics has developed multiple novel sample preparation techniques.
Figure 1. Short chain fatty acids analysis service workflow.
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantification of short chain fatty acids
List of Detectable Short Chain Fatty Acids at Creative Proteomics
Advantages of Our Short Chain Fatty Acids Analysis Service
- Rich experience, can handle a variety of samples
- Developed advanced analysis platform based on GC-MS and LC-MS technology
- Fast turnaround time, about 1~3 weeks
- Provide flexible statistical analysis and bioinformatics analysis
- Serum / plasma ≥ 100 ul/sample
- Tissue: ≥ 50 mg/sample
- Saliva: ≥ 100 mg/sample
- Fresh feces: ≥ 50 mg/sample
- Freeze-dried feces: ≥ 5 mg/sample
- Cell: ≥ 1×107
- Intestinal contents ≥ 100mg/sample
Quick-freeze in liquid nitrogen and store at -80°C, and send it on dry ice.
- Experimental procedure
- Parameters of liquid chromatography / gas chromatography and MS
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Short chain fatty acids quantification data
- Custom analysis report
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to provide short-chain fatty acids analysis service and deliver precise and detailed data and analysis report. If you want to detect other metabolites but have not found them, you can tell us through the inquiry form, and our technicians will communicate with you.
- Dalile, B., Van Oudenhove, L., et al. (2019). The role of short-chain fatty acids in microbiota–gut–brain communication. Nature reviews Gastroenterology & hepatology, 16(8), 461-478.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.