Creative Proteomics can provide a high-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS) high-throughput substance detection and analysis technology, which can realize the qualitative and quantitative analysis of polyphenols and metabolites. The method is simple, stable and reliable, and can provide a basis for the quality control of the extraction and analysis of the high value-added active components of polyphenol compounds.
Polyphenol compounds are a class of antioxidant active substances widely present in plants. Most of them exist in the form of glycosides in plants, and a small part exist in the form of free aglycones. Polyphenol compounds have the effects of anti-oxidation, anti-aging, anti-free radicals, skin care and beauty, so they have great medicinal value. Polyphenol compounds can be extracted from plants, have good antioxidant properties, and are widely used in food and medical fields. The biosynthetic pathways of polyphenols include the shikimic acid and phenylpropanoid metabolism pathways. The HPLC-MS method is suitable for the analysis of complex matrix samples due to its simple sample processing, high sensitivity, reliable qualitative and quantitative results, and high degree of automation.
Figure 1. The biosynthetic pathway of phenolic acids in Salvia species. (Wang 2019).
Applications of Polyphenols Analysis
- Polyphenols identification and quantitative analysis application
- Research on the medicinal functions of polyphenols such as antioxidant and skin health
- Reveal the metabolic mechanism of active molecules of polyphenols
- Ensure the quality and safety of polyphenolic compound health food
- Product research on metabolites of polyphenols
Advantages of Our Polyphenols Analysis Service
Great instrument precision and high reliability of report quality
Chromatography has high separation efficiency and high detection sensitivity
Provide one-stop service and meet diverse testing needs
Operation automation and wide range of applications
Short analysis time and low price
Experienced scientific research team and flexible analytical and statistical methods
Accurately identify and quantify polyphenolic substances on the HPLC-MS platform
No derivatization is required for sample processing in our operating technical process. This method has good sensitivity, precision and recovery rate, and can be used to analyze plant polyphenols at the same time.
Figure 2. Polyphenols analysis service workflow.
Detection method: HPLC-MS/MS
Monitoring mode: electrospray negative ion source multi-reaction
Detection limit: 0.02-0.50 mg/l
Standard recovery rate: 90.0%-105%
Relative standard deviation: 1.1%-3.4%
Flow rate: 1.0 ml/min
Injection volume: 20 ul
Mobile phase: A is acetonitrile, B is formic acid (1+99) solution.
Atomizer pressure: 2.76×10^5 Pa
Nitrogen flow rate: 10 l/min
- Construction of standard curve
- Precision testing
- Recovery test analysis
- Optimization of instrument analysis conditions
- Selection of mass spectrometry parameters
- Detection limit analysis
- Repeated stability analysis
- Chromatogram raw image and data collection
- Chromatographic peak analysis
- Quantitative analysis of polyphenols
- Quantitative analysis of metabolites of polyphenols
1. Tissues such as leaves, roots, stems, flowers, fruit pulp, peel tissue, etc., larger leaves need to be quickly cut into pieces with scissors, and the separated samples are quickly washed with sterilized water, and the absorbent paper is immediately put into the liquid after absorbing the excess water. Quickly freeze in nitrogen for more than 2 minutes, and then transfer to -80°C for storage to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
2. For each sample, take no less than 3 g for fresh samples, no less than 1 g for dry samples. At least three biological replicates in each group, prepare a backup. The measured sample will not be returned, please keep a backup.
- Detailed experimental protocol
- Sample pretreatment analysis
- Chromatographic separation effect analysis
- Optimal parameter screening of HPLC equipment
- Chromatogram raw image and data processing
- Identification and content analysis report of polyphenols
- Quantitative data on metabolites of polyphenols
- Custom analysis report
The combination of HPLC and MS technology can achieve high-throughput detection of the content of polyphenols and analysis of the mechanism of action of active substances, which can lay the foundation for the development and research of polyphenols in the fields of pharmaceutical value and food. Creative Proteomics can provide you with customized comprehensive solutions at any time to help you quickly complete the research and development work.
- Yuan B, Byrnes D R, et al. Identification of Polyphenols, Glycoalkaloids, and Saponins in Solanum scabrum Berries Using HPLC-UV/Vis-MS. Journal of Food Science. 2019;84(2):235-243.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.