Plant untargeted lipidomics systematically investigates the biological lipid patterns and constitute alterations. Creative Proteomics has strong expertise in offering advanced plant untargeted lipidomics services for academics and industries in biochemistry, biotechnology, and biopharmaceutical fields, which are powered by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) coupled to mass spectrometry (MS) platforms.
Lipids are a group of hydrophobic or amphipathic molecules that consist of a wide array of structurally and functionally distinct small molecules. They perform a diverse range of functions within cells, including serving as the main components of cell membranes, membrane anchoring, energy storage, transport, cell signaling, and protein trafficking. Untargeted lipidomics is an analytical approach employed for an unbiased screening of lipids in a given biological sample. By comparing lipid profiles between different groups such as healthy versus diseased, wild-type versus genetically modified, or control versus treated, untargeted lipidomics strategies apply computational tools to determine patterns of variations in lipid species. Recent technical improvements in the resolution and sensitivity of MS have facilitated the identification and characterization of lipid species. Powerful liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) has been widely used to analyze complex lipid species such as glycolipids, glycerolipids, and glycerophospholipids, as well as quantify and identify lipids that are significantly varied in different biological samples. With a decade of experience in lipidomics analyses, Creative Proteomics is committed to providing robust, efficient and sensitive plant untargeted lipidomics services.
Applications of Plant Untargeted Lipidomics
- Identification of significantly changed lipids between groups
- Plant sciences and agricultural sciences
- Drug discovery
- Food safety
Advantages of Our Plant Untargeted Lipidomics
- Effective extraction of lipids
- Unbiased measurement of plant lipids
- Rapid and comprehensive profiling of complex lipid species
- Accurate quantitative profiling of lipids
- Offers high mass accuracy and detailed structural information
- Analyzes several hundreds to thousands of individual lipid species
Creative Proteomics offers advanced plant untargeted lipidomics services using state-of-the-art LC-MS/MS systems. A non-targeted lipidomic analysis generally consists of these steps: sample preparation and homogenization, mass spectrometry, and lipid data processing. We have strong expertise in handling a variety of sample types, and ensure maximized accuracy and sensitivity of lipidome analyses.
Our primary instruments include:
- Liquid chromatography system
- Orbitrap MS
- Triple Quad-MS
- Raw LC-MS data processing
- Identification of lipids and statistically significant quantitative changes
- Orthogonal projection to latent structure discriminant analysis (OPLS-DA)
- Integrate metabolomics data with metabolomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and phenomics data available
Fresh plant tissue or seed, weight > 1 g. Samples should be frozen in liquid nitrogen right after collection, and then transferred to -80°C for storage. At least 3 biological replicates.
- Experimental procedure
- Parameters of chromatography and MS
- Extracted mitochondria and purified protein sample
- Purity analysis report
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Lipids quantification data
- Custom bioinformatics analysis report
Creative Proteomics is proud to offer qualitative and quantitative lipidomic analysis with high sensitivity and specificity. We have extensive experience in the field of plant lipidomics and are flexible to customer's specific research requirements. Please feel free to contact us for more service details.
- Rupasinghe T W T, Roessner U. Extraction of Plant Lipids for LC-MS-Based Untargeted Plant Lipidomics. Plant Metabolomics. Humana Press, New York, NY, 2018: 125-135.
- Wu B, Wei F, Xu S, et al. Mass spectrometry-based lipidomics as a powerful platform in foodomics research. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2020.
- Liu J, Li Q, Chen J, et al. Revealing further insights on chilling injury of postharvest bananas by untargeted lipidomics. Foods, 2020, 9(7): 894.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.