Metabolomics mainly studies small molecular metabolites with a molecular weight of less than 1500 as substrates and products of various metabolic pathways. By detecting the spectra of a series of samples, combined with chemical pattern recognition methods, qualitative or quantitative analysis of all or some metabolites in the biological system. Metabolomics analysis can determine the pathophysiological state of the birth, gene function, drug toxicity and efficacy, etc., and it is possible to find out related biomarkers. Creative Proteomics' metabolomics services can be applied to many industries, including medicine, pharmacology, pathology, toxicology, food science, nutrition and other fields.
- Targeted Metabolomics Service: Target metabolomics provides a high-resolution tool to achieve absolute quantitative analysis of targeted metabolites, especially for metabolites of one or several pathways.
- Untargeted Metabolomics Service: Untargeted metabolomics allows for the investigation of metabolic phenotypes involving up to thousands of metabolites in a single run , allowing for unbiased screening of all metabolites.
Technical Platform for Metabolomics Services
The sensitivity and bias of different mass spectrometry platforms are different, and different platforms are complementary.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
The advantage of NMR is that it is non-destructive to samples and non-biased in measurement. It is suitable for liquid samples such as blood and urine, as well as solid samples such as tissues and organs. It has a fast measurement speed and can realize dynamic monitoring of the sample metabolome. The disadvantages are mainly low resolution and limited dynamic range.
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
GC-MS has high resolution and a relatively complete database, making the qualitative more accurate. It is difficult to qualitatively and quantify substances that are not easy to derivatize.
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS)
LC-MS has high resolution, wide range of separation and analysis, and does not require derivatization.
Acceptable Sample Types
A variety of samples can be analyzed, such as plasma or serum, urine, saliva, cells, animal and plant tissues, fungi, bile acids, microorganisms, cerebrospinal fluid, lymphatic fluid, soil, feces and intestinal flora and other biological samples.
Creative Proteomics provides metabolomics services and detailed data and analytical reports. We can work with collaborators to customize methods or build new methods to meet your specific needs. If you would like to learn more, please contact us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.