Lipoic Acid Metabolism Service
Creative Proteomics is a pioneer in metabolic analysis service and provides reliable, professional and cost-effective lipoic acid metabolism analysis service in animal. We leverage our rich experience, professional expertise, and advanced technologies to speed up your scientific purposes of lipoic acid metabolism analysis in animal.
Lipoic acid (LA) is an organic sulphur compound derived from caprylic acid. Lipoic acid (LA) is made in the liver of most animals. This coenzyme is linked by amide linkage to lysyl residues within transacetylases. Lipoyl moieties function in the transfer of electrons and activated acyl groups from the thiazole-moiety of thiamin pyrophosphate to CoASH. In this process, the disulfide bond is broken and dihydrolipoyl transiently generated. Reoxidation is required to reinitiate this cycle. Although most reactions may be described as nucleophilic in nature, reactions involving oxidized lipoic acid involve electrophilic mechanisms due to the oxidized state of the two sulfurs in lipoic acids. In animals LA is also manufactured and is available as an antioxidant in dietary supplement. The in vivo shortage of LA is closely associated to various human disease like cardiovascular disease and cancer. Scientists at Creative Proteomics take advantage of highly quantitative methods with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) for the determination of lipoic acid metabolism related metabolites levels in various samples. Furthermore, we provide reliable, rapid and cost-effective lipoic acid metabolism related service to speed up your research aims ranging from diseases diagnosis to gaining new insights in disease mechanism or treatment.
The Main Applications of Lipoic Acid Metabolism Service
- Identifying novel biomarkers of diseases
- Improving diagnose diseases
- Accelerating development of novel drugs
- Gaining new mechanism of diseases
Advantages of Our Lipoic Acid Metabolism Service
- Constantly optimized protocol and analytical software
- Professional experiment design
- Quick turnaround time
- High accuracy, specificity, and sensitivity.
Creative Proteomics provides lipoic acid metabolism analysis service in a reliable and effective manner, based on our cutting-edge HPLC platforms. The experimental procedures contain four main procedures: sample collection, metabolites extraction, HPLC data analysis and bioinformatics analysis (Figure 1). Our service will be tailored to specific samples and needs for optimal results.
Figure 1. The overall workflow of lipoic acid metabolism
List of Partial Detectable Lipoic Acid Metabolism Related Metabolites at Creative Proteomics
We can analyze a wide range of biological materials including but not limited to cells and solid tissues from animals. If you need transport your samples to us, please follow the following requirements for different types of sample:
- Blood/plasma: 500ul/sample
- Urine: 1ml/sample
- Tissue: 200mg/sample
- Cells: 1x107/sample
- Feces: 500mg/sample
Shipment condition: dry ice
- Experimental protocols
- Instrumental factors of HPLC
- The raw data files of HPLC and the summary of HPLC data quality
- Bioinformatics analysis report
Based on advanced HPLC platforms for the determination of lipoic acid metabolism related metabolites, professional bioinformatic analysis software and experienced technicians and scientists, Creative Proteomics provides customer-tailored lipoic acid metabolism analysis service with rapid experimental procedures and easy to read report, to accelerate your scientific research.
- Cao Xinyun, Zhu Lei, Song Xuejiao. et al.The NAD metabolome--a key determinant of cancer cell biolo Protein moonlighting elucidates the essential human pathway catalyzing lipoic acid assembly on its cognate enzymes.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018.115:E7063-E7072.
- Smith A R, Shenvi S V, Widlansky M. et al. Lipoic acid as a potential therapy for chronic diseases associated with oxidative stress. Curr Med Chem. 2004.11:1135-1146.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.