Nicotinate and nicotinamide are precursors of the nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and its phosphorylated form, NADP+，which are essential for redox reactions and carry electrons from one reaction to another. NAD+ synthesis happens either in vivo from amino acids or a salvage pathway from nicotinamide. The savage pathway is typically found in mammals. The specificity of the in vivo pathway varies among organisms, but most start by forming quinolinic acid (QA) from tryptophan (Trp) in animals. The salvage pathway involves recycling nicotinamide and nicotinamide-containing molecules like nicotinamide riboside. NAD+ and NADP+ act as cofactors in multiple reduction-oxidation (redox) reactions related to energy production, glycolysis, the tricarboxylic acid cycle, oxidative phosphorylation and fatty acid oxidation. The alterations of nicotinate and nicotinamide metabolism is associated with multiple human diseases like cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
Creative Proteomics has developed an LC-MS method for the determination of nicotinate and nicotinamide. Methanol and 0.05% formic acid aqueous solution were used as mobile phases for elution. The electrospray ionization source (ESI) was selected for selective positive ion detection with high specificity, sensitivity and linearity. We aim to provide you with accurate analytical results and accelerate the progress of your project.
Advantages of Our Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Analysis Service
- Constantly optimized protocol and analytical software
- Professional experiment design
- Quick turnaround time
- High accuracy, specificity, and sensitivity
List of Partial Detectable Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Related Metabolites
|Nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide phosphate
We can analyze a wide range of biological materials including but not limited to cells and solid tissues. If you need transport your samples to us, please follow the following requirements for different types of samples:
- Blood/plasma: 500ul/sample
- Urine: 1ml/sample
- Tissue: 200mg/sample
- Cells: 1x107/sample
- Feces: 500mg/sample
Shipment condition: dry ice
- Experimental procedures
- The parameters of liquid chromatograph and mass spectrometer
- MS raw data files and MS data quality inspection
- Absolute quantitative analysis data
Creative Proteomics is pleased to assist you with the identification and quantitative analysis of nicotinate and niacinamide and related metabolites to assist in your research. If you would like additional information or need to analyze other compounds, please contact us.
- Chiarugi Alberto, Dölle Christian, Felici Roberta et al. The NAD metabolome--a key determinant of cancer cell biology. Nat Rev Cancer. 2012 12:741-752.
- Yaku Keisuke, Okabe Keisuke, Hikosaka Keisuke et al. NAD Metabolism in Cancer Therapeutics. Front Oncol. 2018.12;8:622.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.