Vitamin B6 (VitB6) includes pyridoxal, pyridoxal and pyridoxamine and their respective phosphate forms. Among them, pyridoxal phosphate (PLP) is the biologically active form of VitB6 present in the body, which is involved in a variety of metabolic processes as a cofactor of several key enzymes and plays an important role in amino acid metabolism, gluconeogenesis, ornithine cycle, and heme synthesis. PLP together with pyridoxine-5'-phosphate (PNP) and pyridoxamine-5'-phosphate (PMP) are generated intracellularly by pyridoxal kinase (PDXK), which catalyses the conversion of three non-phosphorylated vitamin B6 precursors, respectively. The dephosphorylation of PNP, PMP and PLP is mediated by the PDXK-antagonistic enzyme pyridoxal phosphatase (PDXP). In addition, PN, PM and PL as well as their phosphorylated forms can be converted into each other due to the activity of PMP oxidase. In animals, PLP catabolism mainly proceeds via the aldehyde oxidase 1-mediated generation of 4-pyridoxic acid, which is excreted in urine.
Exogenous supplementation of VitB6 can significantly reduce inflammation and oxidation levels in critically ill patients, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and other patients. When VitB6 is deficient or depleted, resulting in hypochromic microcytic anemia and elevated ferrous ions, heme synthesis is blocked. vitB6 prevents hydrogen peroxide-induced lipid peroxidation and oxygen free radical production. In addition, VitB6 plays an important role as a coenzyme in preventing HCY-induced oxidative stress by regulating homocysteine (HCY) metabolism.
VitB6 can be analyzed in various fields, except for biomedicine, where it can be used for disease mechanism, diagnosis and treatment research, health care product development, and also in agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry, food, etc. VitB6 has an impact on the nutritional and aroma quality of fruits. In animal husbandry, the growth performance, feed utilization, etc. can be obtained by adding appropriate amount of VitB6 in feed ration.
Creative Proteomics can implement qualitative and quantitative vitamin B6 assay services in a variety of samples via high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) or high performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) technology platforms to accelerate your research projects.
The Main Applications of Vitamin B6 Analysis Service
- Identifying novel biomarkers of diseases
- Improving diagnose diseases
- Accelerating development of novel drugs
- Gaining new mechanism of diseases
Advantages of Our Vitamin B6 Analysis Service
- Constantly optimized protocol and analytical software
- Professional experiment design
- Quick turnaround time
- High accuracy, specificity, and sensitivity
List of Partial Detectable Vitamin B6 Metabolism Related Metabolites at Creative Proteomics
- Serum / plasma: ≥ 100 ul/sample
- Animal tissue ≥ 50 mg/sample
- Cell: ≥ 1×107
- Plant samples: ≥ 200 mg
- Others: For other samples, such as products, feeds, etc., please contact our technicians for more information.
Quick-freeze in liquid nitrogen and store at -80°C, and send it on dry ice.
Please contact us for other sample types and dosages.
- Experimental procedure
- Instrument parameters
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Decanoic acid quantification data
- Custom analysis report
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to provide vitamin B6 analysis service and deliver precise and detailed data and analysis report. If you want to detect other substances, you can tell us through the inquiry form, and our technicians will communicate with you.
- Galluzzi L, Vacchelli E, Michels J. et al. Effects of vitamin B6 metabolism on oncogenesis, tumor progression and therapeutic responses. Oncogene. 2013. 32:4995-5004.
- Mocellin Simone, Briarava Marta, Pilati Pierluigi. Vitamin B6 and Cancer Risk: A Field Synopsis and Meta-Analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017. 109:1-9.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.