Retinol Metabolism Service
Retinol (also known as vitamin A1) is a vitamin in the vitamin A family. In many organs of animals, retinol is located at a metabolic crossroads in which it undergoes several biochemical reactions. Dietary intake of retinol is through liver parenchymal cells during chylomicron metabolism. But circulating retinol, mostly binding to retinol-binding protein (RBP), can enter and leave the liver in the process known as retinol recycling. Once taken up, retinol may be esterified via retinol acyltransferase and majorly stored as retinyl esters in stellate cells. Retinol may be metabolized to more polar forms through oxidation on its β-ionone ring and conjugation to form the water-soluble retinoyl glucuronides. Retinol at normal doses is well tolerated. High doses may result in an enlarged liver, dry skin or hypervitaminosis A. On the other hand, retinol deficiency causes various human diseases like night blindness and cancer. Therefore, understanding retinol metabolism is vital for animal's health. Scientists at Creative Proteomics take advantage of highly quantitative methods with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) for the determination of retinol metabolism related metabolites levels in various samples. Furthermore, we provide reliable, rapid and cost-effective retinol metabolism related service to speed up your research aims ranging from diseases diagnosis to gaining new insights in disease mechanism or treatment.
The Main Applications of Retinol Metabolism Service
- Identifying novel biomarkers of diseases
- Improving diagnose diseases
- Accelerating development of novel drugs
- Gaining new mechanism of diseases
Advantages of Our Retinol Metabolism Service
- Constantly optimized protocol and analytical software
- Professional experiment design
- Quick turnaround time
- High accuracy, specificity, and sensitivity.
Creative Proteomics provides retinol metabolism analysis service in a reliable and effective manner, based on our cutting-edge HPLC-MS platforms. The experimental procedures contain four main procedures: sample collection, metabolites extraction, HPLC-MS data analysis and bioinformatics analysis (Figure 1). Our service will be tailored to specific samples and needs for optimal results.
Figure 1. The overall workflow of retinol metabolism
List of Partial Detectable Retinol Metabolism Related Metabolites at Creative Proteomics
|Retinyl ester||Dihydroretinol||Vitamin A2||Retinoate|
We can analyze a wide range of biological materials including but not limited to cells and solid tissues from animals. If you need transport your samples to us, please follow the following requirements for different types of sample:
- Blood/plasma: 500ul/sample
- Urine: 1ml/sample
- Tissue: 200mg/sample
- Cells: 1x107/sample
- Feces: 500mg/sample
Shipment condition: dry ice
- Experimental protocols
- Instrumental factors of HPLC
- The raw data files of HPLC and the summary of HPLC data quality
- Bioinformatics analysis report
Based on advanced HPLC platforms for the determination of retinol metabolism related metabolites, professional bioinformatic analysis software and experienced technicians and scientists, Creative Proteomics provides customer-tailored retinol metabolism analysis service with rapid experimental procedures and easy to read report, to accelerate your scientific research.
- Green M H, Green J B. Quantitative and conceptual contributions of mathematical modeling to current views on vitamin A metabolism, biochemistry, and nutrition.Adv Food Nutr Res. 1996.40:3-24.
- Ross A Catharine, Zolfaghari Reza. Regulation of hepatic retinol metabolism: perspectives from studies on vitamin A status. J Nutr. 2004.134:269S-275S.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.