Organic acids are acidic organic compounds (excluding amino acids) containing carboxyl groups that are widely found in living organisms. In animals and plants except a few organic acids exist in the free state, generally in the form of salt or ester combined with potassium, sodium, calcium plasma.
Many organic acids play an important role by directly participating in biochemical reactions in the process of life activities. For example: 1) antibacterial, antiviral and anticancer effects; 2) softening blood vessels and promoting the absorption of calcium and iron; 3) acting as intermediate products of metabolism; 4) helping gastric juice to digest fats and proteins; 5) Preventing diseases and promoting metabolic effects, etc. In food research, the accumulation of organic acids is an important indicator of the flavor quality of fruits.
Creative Proteomics has established a quantitative analysis method for organic acids based on LC-MS/MS platform, which simultaneously detects 60+ organic acids which can be applied to practical sample detection in metabolomics and foodomics.
Detectable Organic Acids Include but Not Limited to
Applications of Organic Acid Analysis
Plant research: research on plant stress, fruit quality, etc.
Disease research: tumor, obesity, diabetes and other diseases.
Mechanism research: TCA cycle, immune mechanism research.
Technical Route of Targeted Metabolomics of Organic Acids
- Analytical platform: AB Sciex QTRAP ® 6500 LC-MS/MS
- Detection mode: MRM
- Ion source：ESI
- Detection accuracy: pmol
- Linearity: r>0.99
- Strict quality control
1) Blank: Remove residual impurities in the instrument, provide a stable detection environment, and also monitor the stability of the instrument.
2) Mixed standard: Mixed standard mainly monitors the stability of the instrument.
3) Random sample repetition: monitor the stability of the entire extraction process.
- Experimental procedure
- Parameters of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Absolute quantitative data
- Custom analysis report
A standard experiment and analysis process takes about 2~6 weeks.
Creative Proteomics provides accurate and detailed data and analytical reports by selecting the appropriate column, such as a C18 column or a HILIC column, depending on the type of organic acid to be analyzed. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or specific requests.
- D Tsoukalas, Alegakis A, Fragkiadaki P, et al. Application of metabolomics: Focus on the quantification of organic acids in healthy adults. International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 2017.
- Pawlak M, Klupczynska A, Kokot Z J, et al. Extending Metabolomic Studies of Apis mellifera Venom: LC-MS-Based Targeted Analysis of Organic Acids. Toxins, 2019, 12(1):14.
- Mohammed A, Hussain R M, Ur R N, et al. De novo transcriptome sequencing and metabolite profiling analyses reveal the complex metabolic genes involved in the terpenoid biosynthesis in Blue Anise Sage (Salvia guaranitica L.). DNA Research (6):6.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.