Creative Proteomics' targeted metabolomics services target specific metabolites and pathways of interest, which can accurately monitor dynamic metabolic processes, reveal related metabolic mechanisms and verify potential metabolic biomarkers, and guide your research with reliable and accurate measurement results.
About Organic Acids
Organic acids refer to some organic compounds with acidity. The most common organic acid is carboxylic acid (R-COOH), and its acidity is derived from the carboxyl group (-COOH). Sulfonic acid (R-SO3H), sulfinic acid (R-SOOH) and thiocarboxylic acid (R-SH) are also organic acids.
Common organic acids in plants include aliphatic mono-, di-, and polycarboxylic acids, such as tartaric acid, oxalic acid, malic acid, citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), and so on. Aromatic organic acids such as benzoic acid, salicylic acid, caffeic acid, etc.
MS-based technical means can realize the qualitative and quantitative analysis of organic acids.
Organic Acid Detection Type
※ The project items are constantly being updated, not only those listed, please contact our staff via email to get more latest information and related information.
Technical Route of Targeted Metabolomics of Organic Acids
- High sensitivity
Based on an advanced mass spectrometry platform, the sensitivity can reach PG level.
- Quantitative accuracy
Choose the optimal ion pair to ensure accurate quantification of the substance.
- Strict quality control
1) Blank: Remove residual impurities in the instrument, provide a stable detection environment, and also monitor the stability of the instrument.
2) Mixed standard: Mixed standard mainly monitors the stability of the instrument.
3) Random sample repetition: monitor the stability of the entire extraction process.
- A standard experiment and analysis process takes about 1~4 weeks.
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to plant metabolomics studies, delivers precise and detailed data and analysis report. We can also customize the methods or establish new methods together with our collaborators, so they are fit-for-purpose and meet your specific needs. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- D Tsoukalas, Alegakis A, Fragkiadaki P, et al. Application of metabolomics: Focus on the quantification of organic acids in healthy adults. International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 2017.
- Pawlak M, Klupczynska A, Kokot Z J, et al. Extending Metabolomic Studies of Apis mellifera Venom: LC-MS-Based Targeted Analysis of Organic Acids. Toxins, 2019, 12(1):14.
- Mohammed A, Hussain R M, Ur R N, et al. De novo transcriptome sequencing and metabolite profiling analyses reveal the complex metabolic genes involved in the terpenoid biosynthesis in Blue Anise Sage (Salvia guaranitica L.). DNA Research (6):6.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.