Malonic Acid Analysis Service
Malonic acid, also known as malic acid, is an organic acid with the chemical formula HOOCCH2COOH. It has the property of being soluble in water, alcohol, ether, acetone and pyridine. Malonic acid is mainly used in pharmaceutical intermediates, as well as perfumes, adhesives, resin additives, electroplating polishing agents, etc. It can also be used as a complexing agent and also used in the preparation of barbitur salts. Malonic acid is an intermediate of the fungicide rice blasting, as well as an intermediate of the plant growth regulator indole.
Creative Proteomics uses LC-MS method to detect malonic acid content efficiently and accurately. In addition, we also provide other organic acid analysis services to meet your different needs.
Molecular structure of malonic acid
Technical Route of Targeted Metabolomics of Malonic Acid
|Plants, yeasts, microorganisms, etc.|
Serum, plasma, urine, bile, bile acid, etc.
Cells, liver, brain tissue and other animal tissues and feces, etc.
There is no restriction on plant varieties. For varieties with special requirements or rare varieties, please contact our staff for more information.
|Plant root / stem / leaf / fruit / seed > 200 mg fresh weight, freeze-dried sample > 0.5 g|
Cells / microorganisms / cell supernatant / culture medium supernatant: the number of cells or bacteria > 107, supernatant > 2 ml
Serum / plasma / urine / ruminal fluid / cerebrospinal fluid / amniotic fluid and other homogeneous liquid samples > 200 µl.
(Hemolysis should be avoided. Cerebrospinal fluid can be as low as 100 µl.)
Animal tissue / feces related samples > 200mg / sample
For other sample types, please consult technical support or sales.
|Sample mixed and repeat|
|In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. |
※ The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.
It is recommended that prepare more than 6 biological replicates.
|Storage and transportation|
|Quick-frozen preservation with liquid nitrogen can minimize the leakage time of plant samples at room temperature, and store it at -80℃.|
Dry ice transportation (about 3~4 kg dry ice is consumed every day, please use sufficient dry ice for transportation).
Feedback to Customers
- Experimental steps
- Related mass spectrometry parameters
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
- Raw data
- A standard experiment and analysis process takes about 1~4 weeks.
- Ambati C S R, Yuan F, Abu-Elheiga L A, et al. Identification and quantitation of malonic acid biomarkers of In-born error metabolism by targeted metabolomics. Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2017, 28(5): 929-938.
- Griffiths W J, Koal T, Wang Y, et al. Targeted metabolomics for biomarker discovery. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2010, 49(32): 5426-5445.
- Wang X, Zhao X, Zhao J, et al. Serum metabolite signatures of epithelial ovarian cancer based on targeted metabolomics. Clinica Chimica Acta, 2021, 518: 59-69.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.