Lactic Acid Analysis Service
Creative Proteomics' targeted metabolomics services target specific metabolites and pathways of interest, which can accurately monitor dynamic metabolic processes, reveal related metabolic mechanisms and verify potential metabolic biomarkers, to guide your research with reliable and accurate measurement results.
About Lactic Acid
Lactic acid is a carboxylic acid with a molecular formula of C3H6O3 and contains a hydroxyl group. It belongs to α-hydroxy acid (AHA).
The production process of lactic acid is: pyruvate+NADH+H+→lactic acid+NAD++2H
Lactic acid is widely used as preservatives, carriers, co-solvents, pharmaceutical preparations, pH regulators, etc.
Lactic acid has three configurations, namely L-type, D-type and DL-type. Its CAS registration numbers are 79-33-4 (L), 10326-41-7 (D), and 50-21-5 (DL).
MS-based technical means can realize the qualitative and quantitative analysis of lactic acid.
Molecular structure of lactic acid
Technical Route of Targeted Metabolomics of Lactic Acid
|Plants, yeasts, microorganisms, etc.|
Serum, plasma, urine, bile, bile acid, etc.
Cells, liver, brain tissue and other animal tissues and feces, etc.
There is no restriction on plant varieties. For varieties with special requirements or rare varieties, please contact our staff for more information.
|Plant root / stem / leaf / fruit / seed > 200 mg fresh weight, freeze-dried sample > 0.5 g|
Cells / microorganisms / cell supernatant / culture medium supernatant: the number of cells or bacteria > 107, supernatant > 2 ml
Serum / plasma / urine / ruminal fluid / cerebrospinal fluid / amniotic fluid and other homogeneous liquid samples > 200 µl.
(Hemolysis should be avoided. Cerebrospinal fluid can be as low as 100 µl.)
Animal tissue / feces related samples > 200 mg / sample
For other sample types, please consult technical support or sales.
|Sample mixed and repeat|
|In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. |
※ The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.
It is recommended that prepare more than 6 biological replicates.
|Storage and transportation|
|Quick-frozen preservation with liquid nitrogen can minimize the leakage time of plant samples at room temperature, and store it at -80°C.|
Dry ice transportation (about 3~4 kg dry ice is consumed every day, please use sufficient dry ice for transportation).
Feedback to Customers
- Experimental steps
- Related mass spectrometry parameters
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
- Raw data
- A standard experiment and analysis process takes about 1~4 weeks.
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to metabolomics studies, delivers precise and detailed data and analysis report. We can also customize the methods or establish new methods together with our collaborators, so they are fit-for-purpose and meet your specific needs. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- Griffiths W J, Koal T, Wang Y, et al. Targeted metabolomics for biomarker discovery. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2010, 49(32): 5426-5445.
- Roberts L D, Souza A L, Gerszten R E, et al. Targeted metabolomics. Current protocols in molecular biology, 2012, 98(1): 30.2. 1-30.2. 24.
- Yu N, Wei S, Li M, et al. Effects of perfluorooctanoic acid on metabolic profiles in brain and liver of mouse revealed by a high-throughput targeted metabolomics approach. Scientific Reports, 2016.
- Mohammed A, Hussain R M, Ur R N, et al. De novo transcriptome sequencing and metabolite profiling analyses reveal the complex metabolic genes involved in the terpenoid biosynthesis in Blue Anise Sage (Salvia guaranitica L.). DNA Research (6):6.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.