About Citric Acid
Natural citric acid is widely distributed in nature, such as lemon, citrus, pineapple and other fruits, or in animal bones, muscles and blood. Synthetic citric acid is produced by the fermentation of sugar, molasses, starch, grapes and other sugar-containing substances.
In the human body, citric acid is an intermediate product in the metabolic process. Abnormal urine organic acid levels often indicate metabolic disorders in the body or the occurrence of certain diseases, and analysis of citric acid levels can help with research on the mechanism or diagnosis of related diseases.
Citric acid is the first major acid among organic acids, and it is widely used in the food processing field due to its physical properties, chemical properties and derivatives, such as in the manufacture of various beverages, soft drinks, wines, candies, cookies, canned juices, dairy products and other foods. The content of citric acid has a great influence on the taste of food, and is an important indicator of the quality of some foods.
Citric acid is also used in beauty and skin care products for its exfoliating, melanin-lightening, antioxidant and vascular softening properties.
Creative Proteomics can provide citric acid identification and quantification services based on reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. We serve researchers in the pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetic industries.
Molecular structure of citric acid
Technical Route of Targeted Metabolomics of Citric Acid
- Reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC)
- Capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Plant root / stem / leaf / fruit / seed / 200 mg fresh weight, freeze-dried sample / 0.5 g
- Cells / microorganisms / cell supernatant / culture medium supernatant: the number of cells or bacteria / 107, supernatant / 2 ml
- Serum / plasma / urine / ruminal fluid / cerebrospinal fluid / amniotic fluid and other homogeneous liquid samples / 200 µl.
- Animal tissue / feces related samples / 200 mg / sample
- Food products
For other sample types, please consult technical support or sales.
In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample.
Feedback to Customers
- Experimental steps
- Related mass spectrometry parameters
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
- Raw data
A standard experiment and analysis process takes about 1~4 weeks.
- Pawlak M, Klupczynska A, Kokot Z J, et al. Extending Metabolomic Studies of Apis mellifera Venom: LC-MS-Based Targeted Analysis of Organic Acids. Toxins, 2019, 12(1):14.
- Xin, Wang, Tao, et al. Targeted Metabolomic Profiling Reveals Association Between Altered Amino Acids and Poor Functional Recovery After Stroke. Frontiers in neurology, 2019, 10:1425-1425.
- Wang X, Zhao X, Zhao J, et al. Serum metabolite signatures of epithelial ovarian cancer based on targeted metabolomics. Clinica Chimica Acta, 2021, 518: 59-69.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.