Creative Proteomics rovides a method based on liquid chromatography / mass selective detector (LC / MSD) for the analysis of isotaxiresinol in plants, and provides sufficient robustness, sensitivity and high resolution for the identification and quantification of isotaxiresinol. This high-throughput method consumes less time and can help researchers explore the role of isotaxiresinol in plant development and their applications in industries such as agriculture and drug safety.
Isotaxiresinol as a major lignans, isolated from the wood of Taxus yunnanensis. Isotaxiresinol can block the production of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interferon-γ (IFN-γ) by activating macrophages and directly inhibit the apoptosis induced by TNF-α, thereby inhibiting hepatocyte apoptosis, thereby preventing liver damage induced by D-galactosamine (d-GalN)/lipopolysaccharide (LPS).In the medical field, it is an effective drug for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, which has the effect of inhibiting bone resorption and the physiological activity of promoting bone formation.
However, people still don't understand how endogenous isotaxiresinol affects the growth and development of plants. The analysis of vegetable bilgean is challenging due to its trace concentration and the complexity of plant extracts. Fortunately, the emergence of liquid chromatography/mass selective detector (LC/MSD), high-sensitivity tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS / MS), high performance liquid chromatography(HPLC), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), gas chromatography (GC), fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry(FTIR),can solve the problem some issues related to element analysis. Optimized extraction and purification steps can also increase the sensitivity of the analytical method. Mass spectrometry-based methods have high throughput and are particularly sensitive to the analysis of plant samples.
Figure 1. The chemical structure of natural and synthetic plant isotaxiresinol and anti-plant cubebin.
Detection Methods of Isotaxiresinol:
- Liquid chromatography/mass selective detector (LC/MSD)
- High-sensitivity tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS / MS)
- High performance liquid chromatography(HPLC)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Gas chromatography (GC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry(FTIR)
Applications of Isotaxiresinol Analysis:
- Improve the understanding of the metabolism of plant isotaxiresinol.
- Assess the effectiveness of drugs.
- Crop improvement.
Advantages of Our Isotaxiresinol Analysis Service:
Fast detection speed, simple detection method, practicality and high accuracy.
Rich experience in plant sample handling and isotaxiresinol analysis.
Flexible statistical analysis and bioinformatics analysis.
Accurate detection and quantitation of isotaxiresinol with ESI-MS platforms.
Fast turnaround times and affordable prices.
|Plant tissue > 1 g / sample, Cells or bacteria > 107, supernatant > 2 ml|
Lyophilized samples > 0.5 g
|Sample mixed and repeat|
|In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. |
※ The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.
It is recommended that prepare more than 6 biological replicates.
Figure 2. Isotaxiresinol analysis service workflow.
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantitative and qualitative analysis of plant isotaxiresinol
- Differential metabolite screening
List of Detectable Substance at Creative Proteomics
|Detectable Substance||CAS||Quantification Methods|
|Isotaxiresinol||26194-57-0||External reference method / isotope-labeled internal standard method|
We can accept a variety of sample types, including plant tissue, body fluid, et al. The samples should be frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after collection, and then transferred to -80°C for storage.
In addition, we can also analyze drugs samples. Please contact the technical staff for specific requirements.
At least 3 biological replicates.
- Experimental procedures
- The parameters of liquid chromatograph and mass spectrometer
- Extract mitochondria and purified protein samples
- Purity analysis report
- MS raw data files and MS data quality inspection
- Metabolite quantitative data
- Analysis report of total isotaxiresinol
The spectrum analysis of isotaxiresinol based on mass spectrometry can quantitatively analyze isotaxiresinol in a faster, more convenient and more sensitive way. With decades of experience in mass spectrometry services, Creative Proteomics has a good record in supporting the detection and quantitative analysis of a variety of isotaxiresinol. We can meet your specific project requirements from sampling to bioinformatics.
- Arjun H Banskota, Nhan Trung Nguyen, et al. Secoisolariciresinol and isotaxiresinol inhibit tumor necrosis factor-α-dependent hepatic apoptosis in mice. Life Sciences. 2020, 74(22): 2781-2792.
- F. E. King, L. Jurd, et al. isoTaxiresinol, a new lignan extracted from the heartwood of the English yew, Taxus baccata. Journal of the Chemical Society (Resumed). 2018.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.