Arctigenin is a lignan isolated from the traditional Chinese medicine burdock seed and is the main active ingredient in burdock seed. arctigenin has been shown to affect sex hormone metabolism as well as protein synthesis and steroid biosynthesis as a possible environmental endocrine disruptor. Burdock sapogenins have anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, antiviral and antitumor activities, and their medical efficacy in diabetes, kidney disease and some neurodegenerative diseases.
Studies have shown that arctigenin can promote cancer cell death by inhibiting mitochondrial respiration leading to a decrease in intracellular adenosine triphosphate levels and an increase in reactive oxygen species levels, which hinders cellular energy metabolism. Arctigenin can not only inhibit tumor cell growth and induce apoptosis, but also has biotherapeutic and immunomodulatory effects, so it may become a new strategy for tumor biotherapy. Although some progress has been made in the basic anti-tumor research of arctigenin, its molecular mechanism is still unclear.
Creative Proteomics can provide you with the qualitative and quantitative analysis of arctigenin to accelerate the progress of your related topics.
Figure 1. The chemical structure of natural and synthetic plant arctiin and anti-plant cubebin.
Detection Methods of Arctigenin
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry tandem technique (LC-MS/MS)
- High performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet spectrometry (HPLC-UV)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Gas chromatography (GC)
Applications of Arctigenin Analysis
- Improve the understanding of the metabolism of the arctigenin.
- Assess the safety of food.
- Crop improvement.
Advantages of Our Arctigenin Analysis Service
Fast detection speed and high accuracy.
Rich experience in sample handling and cubebin analysis.
Flexible statistical analysis and bioinformatics analysis.
Accurate detection and quantitation of arctigenin with LC-MS/MS platforms
Fast turnaround times and affordable prices.
Figure 2. Arctiin analysis service workflow.
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantitative and qualitative analysis of plant arctigenin
- Differential metabolite screening
- Plant tissue > 1 g / sample
- Animal tissue 200 mg / sample
- Animal body fluid samples > 200 µl
The samples should be frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after collection, and then transferred to -80°C for storage. In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. Please contact our technicians for specific testing requirements.
- Experimental procedures
- The parameters of liquid chromatograph and mass spectrometer
- Purity analysis report
- MS raw data files and MS data quality inspection
- Absolute quantitative analysis data
Creative Proteomics is pleased to assist you with the identification and quantitative analysis of arctigenin to assist in your research. If you need to analyze other compounds, please contact us.
- Wu JG, et al. Ameliorative effects of arctiin from Arctium lappa on experimental glomerulonephritis in rats. Phytomedicine. 2020, 16(11):1033-41.
- Ma ST, et al. Effect of arctiin on glomerular filtration barrier damage in STZ-induced diabetic nephropathy rats. Phytother Res. 2018, 27(10):1474-80.
- Matsuzaki Y, et al. Arctiin induces cell growth inhibition through the down-regulation of cyclin D1 expression. Oncol Rep. 2018, 19(3):721-7.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.