Cubebin Analysis Service
Creative Proteomics provides qualitative and quantitative analysis of cubebins in plants, animals, food and pharmaceuticals based on liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry.
Cubebins is a lignan extracted from the seeds of Piper cubeba, a common edible spice. Cubebins, as well as its derivatives containing lactone and amide moieties, possess significant anticancer activity, as well as trypanocidal, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-proliferative and leishmanicidal activities. Due to its therapeutic potential, relevant studies have been conducted to investigate the effects of the cytotoxic activity, cell proliferation kinetics, and mutagenicity of cubebins, with the expectation that derivatization of cubebins will provide some new insights for new drug development and disease treatment. High-sensitivity LC-MS/MS analysis can help to identify and quantify the levels of cubebins and derivatives in samples.
Figure 1. The chemical structure of natural and synthetic plant cubebin and anti-plant cubebin.
Detection Methods of Cubebin:
- Electrospray Mass Spectrometry (ESI-MS)
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry tandem technique (LC-MS/MS)
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
Applications of Cubebins Analysis:
- Improve the understanding of the metabolism of the cubebins.
- Reveal the mechanism of cubebins.
- Assess the safety of food.
Advantages of Our Cubebins Analysis Service:
Fast detection speed, simple detection method, practicality and high accuracy.
Flexible statistical analysis and bioinformatics analysis.
Accurate detection and quantitation of cubebins with LC-MS platforms.
Fast turnaround times and affordable prices.
Figure 2. Cubebin analysis service workflow.
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantitative and qualitative analysis of plant cubebin
- Differential metabolite screening
List of Detectable Substance at Creative Proteomics
|Detectable Substance||CAS||Quantification Methods|
|Cubebin||18423-69-3||External reference method / isotope-labeled internal standard method|
- Plant tissue > 1 g / sample
- Animal tissue 200 mg / sample
- Animal body fluid samples > 200 µl
In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. Please contact our technicians for specific testing requirements.
- Experimental procedures
- The parameters of liquid chromatograph and mass spectrometer
- Extract mitochondria and purified protein samples
- Purity analysis report
- MS raw data files and MS data quality inspection
- Metabolite quantitative data
- Analysis report of total lignans
Creative Proteomics is pleased to assist you with the identification and quantitative analysis of cubebins to assist in your research. If you need to analyze other compounds, please contact us.
- Dhanya S, Rajalekshmi, et al. Anticancer activity studies of cubebin isolated from Piper cubeba and its synthetic derivatives. Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2016, 26(7): 1767-1771.
- Lin-Yun Mou, Hai-Yan Wu, et al. Two new lignans from Anemone vitifolia Buch.-Ham. and their anti-inflammatory activity. Phytochemistry Letters. 2020, 38:133-135.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.