Phillyrin is a new type of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activator. As an extract of the dried fruit of the Oleaceae plant Forsythia, it is an effective ingredient of many medicinal plants and certain functional foods. It plays an important role in the prevention and treatment of obesity. In the medical field, it has the functions of clearing heat, detoxifying, dispelling congestion and purging, lowering blood lipids, and anti-oxidation. It is widely used in the fields of human medicine, veterinary medicine, agriculture and other industries. It mainly treats carbuncle, scrofula, milk carbuncle, erysipelas, wind-heat and cold, febrile disease at the beginning, warm heat into the camp, high fever polydipsia, dizzy spots, hot shower urine, warm heat, sores, scrofula, erysipelas, pancreatic rash, flu, can be decocted in water, or added to the prescription. Creative Proteomics can help you detect the content and composition of phillyrin, accelerating pharmacological and toxicological research as well as pharmacokinetic studies.
Figure 1. The chemical structure of phillyrin
Detection Methods of Phillyrin:
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry tandem technique (LC-MS/MS)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
Figure 2.Phillyrin analysis service workflow.
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantitative and qualitative analysis of phillyrin.
- Differential metabolite screening
- Plant tissue ≥ 1 g/sample
- Animal tissue ≥ 200 mg/sample
- Body fluid samples ≥ 200 µl
- Food product
- Drugs samples
The samples should be frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after collection, and then transferred to -80°C for storage. In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. Please contact our technicians for specific testing requirements.
- Experimental procedures
- The parameters of liquid chromatograph and mass spectrometer
- HPLC and MS raw data files
- Metabolite quantitative data
Creative Proteomics has decades of experience in compound mass spectrometry detection services, and we can help you achieve phillyrin detection and quantification to help accelerate your research process. If you need to analyze additional compounds, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
- Minh Truong, Hyung Gyun, et al. Phillyrin attenuates high glucose-induced lipid accumulation in human HepG2 hepatocytes through the activation of LKB1/AMP-activated protein kinase-dependent signalling. Food chemistry, 2018, 136 (2): 415-425.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.