Concanavalin Analysis Service
Creative Proteomics' targeted metabolomics services target specific metabolites and pathways of interest, which can accurately monitor dynamic metabolic processes, reveal related metabolic mechanisms and verify potential metabolic biomarkers, to guide your research with reliable and accurate measurement results.
About concanavalin (ConA)
- Concanavalin A (ConA) is a lectin (carbohydrate binding protein) originally extracted from Canavalia ensiformis.
- Concanavalin binds specifically to certain structures in various sugars, glycoproteins and glycolipids, mainly internal and non-reducing terminal α-D-mannosyl and α-D-glucosyl groups.
- ConA is the first commercially available lectin and is widely used in various studies to characterize glycoproteins and other sugar-containing entities on the surface of various cells.
- Concanavalin has a broad-spectrum antiviral effect and also has a therapeutic effect on bacterial diseases.
- Concanavalin can also activate cells in a sick state, and can obviously treat some immunodeficiency diseases, as well as other severe diseases caused by bacterial or viral mixed infections.
Schematic diagram of ConA structure
The technical route of targeted metabolomics of concanavalin (ConA)
|Plant root / stem / leaf / fruit / seed > 200 mg fresh weight, freeze-dried sample > 0.5 g|
Animal tissue / feces related samples > 200mg / sample
Cells / bacteria > 107
Serum / plasma / urine / ruminal fluid / cerebrospinal fluid / amniotic fluid and other homogeneous liquid samples > 200 µl.
(Hemolysis should be avoided. Cerebrospinal fluid can be as low as 100 µl.)
For other sample types, please consult technical support or sales.
|Sample mixed and repeat|
|In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. (※ The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.)|
It is recommended that prepare more than 6 biological replicates.
|Storage and transportation|
|Quick-frozen preservation with liquid nitrogen can minimize the leakage time of plant samples at room temperature, and store it at -80℃.|
Dry ice transportation (about 3~4kg dry ice is consumed every day, please use sufficient dry ice for transportation).
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to plant metabolomics studies, delivers precise and detailed data and analysis report. We can also customize the methods or establish new methods together with our collaborators, so they are fit-for-purpose and meet your specific needs. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- Reeke G N, Becker J W, Cunningham B A, et al. Structure and function of concanavalin A.[J]. Advances in Experimental Medicine & Biology, 1975, 55:13.
-  Yu J, Ling K, Zhang A, et al. High-Throughput Metabolomics for Discovering Potential Metabolite Biomarkers and Metabolic Mechanism from the APPswe/PS1dE9 Transgenic Model of Alzheimer's Disease. [J]. Journal of Proteome Research, 2017, 16(9):3219.
- Pusztai, Bardocz, Ewen, et al. Uses of plant lectins in bioscience and biomedicine[J]. FRONT BIOSCI, 2008, 2008,13(-):1130-1140.
- Mohammed A, Hussain R M, Ur R N, et al. De novo transcriptome sequencing and metabolite profiling analyses reveal the complex metabolic genes involved in the terpenoid biosynthesis in Blue Anise Sage (Salvia guaranitica L.) [J]. DNA Research(6):6.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.