Peanut Agglutinin (PNA) Analysis Service
Creative Proteomics' targeted metabolomics services target specific metabolites and pathways of interest, which can accurately monitor dynamic metabolic processes, reveal related metabolic mechanisms and verify potential metabolic biomarkers, to guide your research with reliable and accurate measurement results.
About peanut agglutinin (PNA)
- Peanut agglutinin (PNA) is isolated from peanuts and purified by affinity chromatography. Lectin has a molecular weight of 110 kDa and consists of four identical subunits, each of which is approximately 27 kDa.
- PNA is a carbohydrate-free protein and is specific for β-D-Gal (1-3)-D-galNAc.
- PNA has effective anti-T activity and can be used to distinguish human lymphocyte subgroups. It has been used for the determination of transitional mucosal malignancies in tumor tissues.
- The main application areas of PNA are histochemistry and immunohistochemistry exploration and human erythrocyte/lymphocyte research.
The technical route of targeted metabolomics of peanut agglutinin (PNA)
Peanut agglutinin complexed with a di-galactose
|Plant root / stem / leaf / fruit / seed > 200 mg fresh weight, freeze-dried sample > 0.5 g|
Animal tissue / feces related samples > 200mg / sample
Cells / bacteria > 107
Serum / plasma / urine / ruminal fluid / cerebrospinal fluid / amniotic fluid and other homogeneous liquid samples > 200 µl.
(Hemolysis should be avoided. Cerebrospinal fluid can be as low as 100 µl.)
For other sample types, please consult technical support or sales.
|Sample mixed and repeat|
|In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. (※ The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.)|
It is recommended that prepare more than 6 biological replicates.
|Storage and transportation|
|Quick-frozen preservation with liquid nitrogen can minimize the leakage time of plant samples at room temperature, and store it at -80℃.|
Dry ice transportation (about 3~4kg dry ice is consumed every day, please use sufficient dry ice for transportation).
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to plant metabolomics studies, delivers precise and detailed data and analysis report. We can also customize the methods or establish new methods together with our collaborators, so they are fit-for-purpose and meet your specific needs. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- Haines, D. M. Peanut agglutinin lectin immunohistochemical staining of normal and neoplastic canine tissues. [J]. Veterinary Pathology, 1993, 30(4):333.
- Vandenborre G, Smagghe G, Damme E. Plant lectins as defense proteins against phytophagous insects[J]. Phytochemistry, 2011, 72(13):1538-1550.
- Yida, Zhang, Xiqing, et al. Metabolomics of clinical poisoning by aconitum alkaloids using derivatization LC-MS.[J]. Frontiers in pharmacology, 2019.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.