β-Alanine is a precursor for the synthesis of muscle-derived active peptides such as myostatin and goose myostatin. β-alanine is a dipeptide concentrated in muscle and brain tissue. β-alanine has been widely used in clinical nutrition as a sports nutrition supplement to enhance muscle endurance. β-alanine can improve animal performance, regulate muscle growth and myogenic active peptide content, and improve meat quality.
Figure 1. Comparison of β-alanine (right) and L-alanine (left)
In addition to the general importance of β-alanine (as a precursor of CoA) in the synthesis of phospholipids, the synthesis and degradation of fatty acids, and the operation of the tricarboxylic acid cycle, β-alanine is involved in secondary plant metabolism, including lignin biosynthesis. In addition, β-alanine is involved in a variety of stress responses in plants. β-alanine metabolism involves a variety of pathways and roles, such as nitrogen use efficiency, response to hypoxia, osmoprotection, vitamin B5, and CoA metabolism. Creative Proteomics provides efficient, advanced, and cost-effective mass spectrometry services to detect and quantify β-alanine.
Applications of β-Alanine Analysis
- Evaluation of plant growth
- Prediction of plant metabolism
- Plant disease diagnosis
- Crop improvement
Advantages of Our β-Alanine Analysis Services
- Output data at once for multiple samples
- Distinguish β-alanine from other amino acids
- β-Alanine content detection
- Provide data sorting and quick analysis
- Reasonable price
Tissue or cell samples will first undergo pretreatment. β-Alanine will be separated from other amino acids, and then compared and analyzed efficiently.
Figure 2. Β-alanine analysis service workflow.
Quantitation methods: external reference method or isotope-labeled internal standard method
Mode: MRM, capable of simultaneously detecting more than 1000 MRM ion pairs
Precision: ≤10-9 g
Positive/Negative polarity switching time: ≤20ms, allowing for the acquisition of Q1/Q3 MRM transition mass spectra in both ionization modes from a single LC-MS/MS run.
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantification of β-alanine
- Differential metabolites screening
- Optimal analyses such as KEGG pathway analysis and hierarchical clustering
- Tissue: 200 mg/sample
- Plasma ≥ 200 μL/sample
- Blood ≥ 200 μL/sample
- Drugs ≥ 0.2 g/sample
- Experimental procedure
- Parameters of liquid chromatography and MS
- HPLC-MS/MS raw data files and HPLC-MS/MS data quality checks
- Metabolites quantification data
- Custom analysis report
Creative Proteomics provides powerful analysis to detect β-alanine content and delivers credible references for your research. We use our rich experience and a systematic technology platform to meet your needs at any time.
- Vaughan RA, Gannon NP, Garcia-Smith R, Licon-Munoz Y, Barberena MA, Bisoffi M, Trujillo KA: beta-alanine suppresses malignant breast epithelial cell aggressiveness through alterations in metabolism and cellular acidity in vitro. MOL CANCER 2014, 13:14.
- Hill CA, Harris RC, Kim HJ, Harris BD, Sale C, Boobis LH, Kim CK, Wise JA: Influence of β-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity. AMINO ACIDS 2007, 32(2):225-233.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.