Creative Proteomics can provide a rapid, simple and sensitive detection and quantitative analysis of the content of L-Methionine in biological samples based on the ophthalaldehyde pre-column derivatization method combined with high performance liquid chromatography ultraviolet detection. This method combines the sensitivity of fluorescence detection and the simplicity and convenience of ultraviolet detection, and is suitable for the rapid determination of L-Methionine in a variety of biological samples.
Methionine is one of the amino acids necessary to maintain the normal development of humans and animals. It has a wide range of applications in the feed industry, pharmaceutical industry, health care industry and food industry. Among them, the amount of feed additives is the largest. L-Methionine is the L-body of methionine and also the "skeleton" amino acid for protein biosynthesis. It is the main donor of methyl groups in animals. It is often used to formulate complex amino acid infusions, as well as for biochemical research and nutritional supplements. This method combines the sensitivity of fluorescence detection and the convenience of ultraviolet detection. It is a method that can be used as a reference for scientific research experiments that require rapid determination of methionine content in biological samples without the conditions for fluorescence detection. At the same time, this experimental method proves that the stability and repeatability are very good, and there is no interference from impurity amino acids.
Figure 1. Construction of recombinant E. coli for enhanced production of L-Methionine (Tang 2020).
Applications of L-Methionine Analysis
- Analysis and application of L-Methionine
- Food business industry and biopharmaceutical research and development product identification and quality control
- Feed improvement
- Analysis of free L-Methionine component content
- L-Methionine-related metabolic drug and nutrition development research
- Reveal the metabolic mechanism of L-Methionine
Advantages of Our L-Methionine Analysis Service
- Stable and reliable scientific research tools and professional scientific research team
- Provide comprehensive solutions and low prices
- Data report with excellent repeatability and high sensitivity
- Fast turnaround time and flexible statistical analysis
- Rich experience in amino acid sample processing and quantitative analysis
Our operating technology is to adopt the ophthalaldehyde pre-column derivatization method. After the derivatization reagent o-phthalaldehyde derivatizes the sample, the derivatization reagent itself has no ultraviolet absorption and does not form interference peaks. It is compatible with mercaptopropionic acid. The reaction with the primary amino acid is rapid when used in combination, which can be completed in 2 minutes, and the peak time and peak shape of the derivative products are very stable.
Figure 2. L-Methionine analysis service workflow.
Detection method: ophthalaldehyde pre-column derivatization method
Peak time: 7.5-8 min
Mobile phase A: pH 7.2 10 mmol/L Na2HPO4- NaH2PO4 (PB) containing 0.2% THF
Mobile phase B: PB-methanol-acetonitrile (50:35:15)
UV detection wavelength: 340 nm
Flow rate: 1 ml/min
Internal reference solution: ultrapure water or 10 umol/L methionine standard solution
Derivatization reaction time: 2 min
Injection volume: 50 ul
Amino acid elution time: 12 min
Limit of quantification: 0.5 umol/l
Linear correlation coefficient: 0.9994-1
- Preparation of standard curve
- Sensitivity analysis
- Linear range analysis
- Precision inspection, determination and analysis
- Repeatability test analysis
- Recycling experiment and method verification
- HPLC chromatogram raw image and data collection
- L-Methionine quantitative analysis
- Quantitative analysis of L-Methionine metabolites
1. The sample requires no other contamination and no sediment.
2. Generally, about 10g is provided for non-pure powder samples, and more than 10ml for liquid samples.
3. If it is a difficult-to-purify sample, it needs to be greater than 200 ug/ml, the volume is not less than 5 ml, and the solid mass is not less than 400 ug. The measured sample will not be returned, please keep a backup.
- Complete experimental steps
- Sample pretreatment analysis
- Selection of chromatographic separation conditions
- Optimized parameter analysis of HPLC equipment
- HPLC chromatographic separation image and raw data analysis
- L-Methionine content analysis report
- L-Methionine metabolite quantitative data
- Customized analysis report
Pre-column derivatization of ophthalaldehyde based on mass spectrometry combined with high performance liquid chromatography ultraviolet detection can detect and quantitatively analyze L-Methionine in biological samples, and can provide customers with fast and reliable analysis reports. Creative Proteomics has competitive technical means and an experienced team of analytical engineers. We are dedicated to cooperating with you to assist you in completing and advancing scientific research tasks.
- Tang X L, Du X Y, et al. Enhanced production of L-methionine in engineered Escherichia coli with efficient supply of one carbon unit. Biotechnology letters. 2020;42(3):429-436.
- Girard-Perier N, Claeys-Bruno M, et al. Monitoring of Peroxide in Gamma Irradiated EVA Multilayer Film Using Methionine Probe. Polymers (Basel). 2020;12(12):3024.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.