Based on gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) technologies, Creative Proteomics provides fast and accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of octanoic acid to meet your different needs.
Octanoic acid is a kind of organic matter, which is straight chain carboxylic acid with eight carbons. Octanoic acid is a colorless oily liquid that solidifies into sheet crystals after cooling. It has a slightly uncomfortable smell and a fruity aroma after dilution. Octanoic acid is slightly soluble in cold water, soluble in hot water and most organic solvents such as ethanol, ether and other properties.
Octanoic acid is found in coconut oil, lemon leaf oil and lanolin in the form of ester, and in the form of free in essential oils such as cupressus tolurosa, cryptomeria japonica and nutmeg. Octanoic acid exists in flue-cured tobacco leaves, burley tobacco leaves, fragrant tobacco leaves and mainstream tobacco leaves. Some foods, such as apples, wheat bread, and wine also contain octanoic acid. Octanoic acid is useful for the synthesis of dyes, spices and medicine. It can be used in the preparation of lubricants, pesticides, mildew inhibitor, rust inhibitor, corrosion inhibitor, foaming agent and antifoaming agents. Octanoic acid is also available for baked goods, meat products, and fast food.
According to the requirements of different samples, Creative Proteomics provides a series of octanoic acid analysis services based on GC-MS. Our octanoic acid analysis services can be applied to many industries, including biology, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, animal husbandry, food, nutrition, environment and other fields.
To detect octanoic acid, we follow the basic process shown below. At the same time, we will adjust the experimental method according to different natures of samples, since Creative Proteomics has developed multiple novel sample preparation techniques.
Figure 1. Octanoic acid analysis service workflow
Mode: SRM / MRM
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantification of octanoic acid
Advantages of Our Octanoic Acid Analysis Service
- Rich experience, can handle a variety of samples. The accuracy of octanoic acid analysis has a great relationship with the sample treatment. Different samples from different sources have different matters needing attention during the treatment, which requires analysts to have rich experience and strict operating procedures. Our analysts all have rich experience and can handle a variety of samples.
- Developed advanced analysis platform based on GC-MS. Every step in the octanoic acid analysis and testing, including scheme formulation, sample analysis and report issuance, is precisely carved to make customers assured.
- Fast turnaround time, about 1~2 weeks
- Provide flexible statistical analysis and bioinformatics analysis
- Serum / plasma ≥ 100 ul/sample
- Animal tissue: ≥ 50 mg/sample
- Cell: ≥ 1×107
- Plant samples: ≥ 200 mg
- Foods dry weight ≥ 200 mg
Quick-freeze in liquid nitrogen and store at -80°C, and send it on dry ice.
Please contact us for other sample types and dosages.
- Experimental procedure
- Parameters of gas chromatography and MS
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Octanoic acid quantification data
- Custom analysis report
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to provide octanoic acid analysis service and deliver precise and detailed data and analysis report. If you want to detect other metabolites but have not found them, you can tell us through the inquiry form, and our technicians will communicate with you.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.