Based on gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) technologies, Creative Proteomics provides fast and accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of lauric acid to meet your different needs.
Lauric Acid is a kind of saturated fatty acid, which is only 1-3% in the content of laurel oil. The high content of lauric acid in vegetable oil is found to be coconut oil, oil palm oil, babassu seed oil.
Lauric acid is mainly used in the production of alkyd resins, wetting agents, detergents, pesticides, surfactants, food additives and raw materials for cosmetics. Lauric acid is often used as a lubricant and has many functions such as a lubricant and a vulcanizing agent. Lauric acid is generally not used in plastic products such as wires and cables because of its corrosive effect on metals. Lauric acid is most widely used in the surfactant industry, but also in the fragrance industry and pharmaceutical industry.
According to the requirements of different samples, Creative Proteomics provides a series of lauric acid analysis services based on GC-MS. Mass spectrometry is a sensitive analytical technique that enables detection, identification and quantification of lauric acid by measuring its mass and characterizing its chemical structure, even at low abundance. MS instruments combine with gas chromatography (GC) to effectively separate organic molecules from complex samples. Our lauric acid analysis services can be applied to many industries, including biology, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, animal husbandry, food, nutrition, environment and other fields.
To detect lauric acid, we follow the basic process shown below. At the same time, we will adjust the experimental method according to different natures of samples, since Creative Proteomics has developed multiple novel sample preparation techniques.
Figure 1. Lauric acid analysis service workflow
Mode: SRM / MRM
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantification of lauric acid
Advantages of Our Lauric Acid Analysis Service
- Advanced analytical technology platform. The technology platform of Creative Proteomics is equipped with professional and efficient GC-MS analysis equipment, which is applicable to a wide range of volatile components and low molecular compounds.
- Professional testing and analysis team. We have an immeasurable talent advantage, and have established a good cooperative relationship with various scientific research institutions, constantly committed to technological innovation, product innovation and management innovation, so as to ensure that our services have a strong competitive advantage in the same industry.
- Individualized experimental scheme. We can provide one-to-one customized services, assign professional project leaders to analyze the whole project, directly and quickly report the progress to customers, and flexibly adjust the project plan according to customers' opinions.
- Serum / plasma: ≥ 100 ul/sample
- Animal tissue: ≥ 50 mg/sample
- Cell: ≥ 1×107
- Plant samples: ≥ 200 mg
- Foods dry weight: ≥ 200 mg
Quick-freeze in liquid nitrogen and store at -80°C, and send it on dry ice.
Please contact us for other sample types and dosages.
- Experimental procedure
- Parameters of gas chromatography and MS
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Lauric acid quantification data
- Custom analysis report
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to provide lauric acid analysis service and deliver precise and detailed data and analysis report. If you want to detect other metabolites but have not found them, you can tell us through the inquiry form, and our technicians will communicate with you.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.