Based on gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and high-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS) technologies, Creative Proteomics provides fast and accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of decanoic acid to meet your different needs.
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) consist of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA), mainly caprylic and capric acids. The unique metabolic properties make it an important lipid for improving various clinical conditions. Decanoic acid is a deca-carbon fatty acid found in small amounts in milk and goat's milk and in relatively high amounts in tropical oils and fats such as coconut oil and palm kernel oil. Decanoic acid is also a by-product of the hydrolysis of lauric acid in lauric, coconut or dogwood oils.
Decanoic acid has strong antiviral and antibacterial properties. In the body, capric acid is converted to monocaprin, which helps fight viruses, bacteria and yeast Candida albicans. Decanoic acid may be closely related to the health effects of a ketogenic diet. Decanoic acid can reverse cellular changes in the body of patients with a variety of diseases, including cancer, epilepsy and neurodegenerative diseases. Decanoic acid from a ketogenic diet has been found to reduce the body's glucose and insulin signaling, thereby protecting the body against cellular alterations in a variety of diseases.
Decanoic acid is also used in the synthesis of flavors, fragrances and drugs. Decanoic acid fatty acid esters have a fruity flavor and are often used as fragrances. Other esters are used as wetting agents and food additives. Decanoic acid is also used as a raw material for plastic plasticizers and cationic fungicides.
According to the requirements of different samples, Creative Proteomics provides a series of decanoic acid analysis services based on GC-MS and HPLC-MS/MS and HPLC-MS/MS. Our decanoic acid analysis services can be applied to many industries, including biology, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, animal husbandry, food, nutrition, environment and other fields.
To detect decanoic acid, we follow the basic process shown below. At the same time, we will adjust the experimental method according to different natures of samples, since Creative Proteomics has developed multiple novel sample preparation techniques.
Figure 1. Decanoic acid analysis service workflow
Mode: SRM / MRM
Linear: R2 > 0.99
- Standard curve creation
- Raw data preprocessing
- Absolute quantification of decanoic acid
Advantages of Our Decanoic Acid Analysis Service
- Advanced analysis platform. The technology platform of Creative Proteomics is equipped with professional and efficient GC-MS and HPLC-MS/MS analysis equipment, which is applicable to a wide range of volatile components and low molecular compounds. The analytical technology has the advantages of high sensitivity, fast analysis speed and high separation efficiency. GC-MS can generally analyze a sample within minutes or tens of minutes, and can analyze complex compounds.
- Rich experience, can handle a variety of samples. The accuracy of decanoic acid analysis has a great relationship with the sample treatment. Different samples from different sources have different matters needing attention during the treatment, which requires analysts to have rich experience and strict operating procedures. Our analysts all have rich experience and can handle a variety of samples.
- Serum / plasma ≥ 100 ul/sample
- Animal tissue: ≥ 50 mg/sample
- Cell: ≥ 1×107
- Plant samples: ≥ 200 mg
- Foods dry weight ≥ 200 mg
Quick-freeze in liquid nitrogen and store at -80°C, and send it on dry ice.
Please contact us for other sample types and dosages.
- Experimental procedure
- Instrument parameters
- MS raw data files and MS data quality checks
- Decanoic acid quantification data
- Custom analysis report
Creative Proteomics offers several approaches to provide decanoic acid analysis service and deliver precise and detailed data and analysis report. If you want to detect other metabolites but have not found them, you can tell us through the inquiry form, and our technicians will communicate with you.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.