Creative Proteomics' targeted metabolomics services target specific metabolites and pathways of interest, which can accurately monitor dynamic metabolic processes, reveal related metabolic mechanisms and verify potential metabolic biomarkers, to guide your research with reliable and accurate measurement results. CPR is based on LC-MS/GC-MS technology, using target compound standards for method optimization, method validation, biological sample collection, metabolite extraction, mass spectrometry detection, data analysis, etc.
Violaxanthin is a natural lutein pigment and a synthetic precursor of the plant hormone abscisic acid.
Violaxanthin is biosynthesized by zeaxanthin through epoxidation.
Violaxanthin is a natural pigment found in most fruits and vegetables, such as pansies.
Its molecular formula is C40H56O4, and its CAS number is 126-29-4.
MS-based technical means can realize the qualitative and quantitative analysis of violaxanthin.
Structure of violaxanthin
Waters ACQUITY UPLC, MS-SCIEX QTRAP 4500/5500/6500
Agilent 7890B-5977A, Thermo TRACE 1300-TSQ 9000
Features and Advantages
- Use the developed UPLC-MRM / MS method combined with isotope dilution and / or chemical derivatization techniques
- Highly specific, selective and reproducible detection
- Accurate quantification of violaxanthin
- Validate hypotheses proposed by non-targeted metabolomics or other omics
- Research metabolic models for γ-carotene
Technical Workflow of Targeted Metabolomics of Violaxanthin
Sample Preparation Suggestions
|Sample type||Suggested sample quantity (per case)||Number of repetitions (recommended)|
|Plant tissue||≥ 1g||≥ 6|
|Animals and clinical organizations||≥ 200 mg||≥ 10|
|Serum, plasma||≥ 200 mg||≥ 6|
|Urine||≥ 200 μl||≥ 6|
|Stool, intestinal contents||≥ 500 μl||≥ 6|
|Cell||≥ 107||≥ 6|
|Microorganism||≥ 107 or ≥ 100 mg||≥ 6|
|Culture broth, fermentation broth||≥ 1 ml||≥ 6|
- Sample mixed
In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. (The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.)
- Sample storage and transportation
Quick-frozen preservation with liquid nitrogen can minimize the leakage time of plant samples at room temperature.
Transport on dry ice (The sample transportation consumes about 3 ~ 4 kg / day, please use sufficient dry ice for transportation).
* There is no restriction on plant varieties. For varieties with special requirements or rare varieties, please contact our staff for more information.
Feedback to Customers
- A detailed technical report will be provided at the end of the entire project, including experimental procedures and instrument parameters.
- The report also includes quantitative results of targeted metabolites, such as name, abbreviation, molecular formula, molecular weight and CAS number of the analyte.
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
- Raw data
- A standard experimental procedure takes about 1 ~ 4 weeks.
Creative Proteomics has an integrated separation, detection, identification and quantification system, with excellent robustness and reproducibility, high sensitivity and ultra-sensitivity, and can provide fast and reliable targeted metabolomics services. Our one-stop service model can help you achieve a seamless connection between upstream and downstream experiments. Coupled with personalized analysis services, your analysis can reach the final research purpose. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.