Violaxanthin is synthesized from zeaxanthin with zeaxanthin epoxidase (ZEP) via zeaxanthin via prokaryotic biosynthesis. It is present only in photosynthetic eukaryotes, including higher plants, and is involved in the lutein cycle to eliminate excess light energy. Violaxanthin exhibits a stronger (50-fold) lipid peroxidation inhibitory activity than β-carotene and a single linear oxygen burst activity similar to that of β-carotene, and is an important precursor of zeaxanthin and β-damascenone. Creative Proteomics has established an LC-MS/MS analytical method for the accurate and rapid identification and quantitative analysis of violaxanthin.
Structure of violaxanthin
Waters ACQUITY UPLC, MS-SCIEX QTRAP 4500/5500/6500
Agilent 7890B-5977A, Thermo TRACE 1300-TSQ 9000
Features and Advantages
- Use the developed UPLC-MRM / MS method combined with isotope dilution and / or chemical derivatization techniques
- Highly specific, selective and reproducible detection
- Accurate quantification of violaxanthin
- Validate hypotheses proposed by non-targeted metabolomics or other omics
- Research metabolic models for γ-carotene
Technical Workflow of Targeted Metabolomics of Violaxanthin
Sample Preparation Suggestions
|Sample type||Suggested sample quantity (per case)||Number of repetitions (recommended)|
|Plant tissue||≥ 1g||≥ 6|
|Animal and clinical tissues||≥ 200 mg||≥ 10|
|Serum, plasma||≥ 500 μl||≥ 6|
|Urine||≥ 200 μl||≥ 6|
|Stool, intestinal contents||≥ 200 mg||≥ 6|
|Cell||≥ 107||≥ 6|
|Microorganism||≥ 107 or ≥ 100 mg||≥ 6|
|Culture broth, fermentation broth||≥ 1 ml||≥ 6|
- Sample mixed
In order to ensure the accuracy of the samples and reduce systematic errors during sampling, it is necessary to select more than 3 materials with the same condition for each sample. (The same condition refers to the same period, basically the same phenotype, and the same part.)
- Sample storage and transportation
Quick-frozen preservation with liquid nitrogen can minimize the leakage time of plant samples at room temperature.
Transport on dry ice (The sample transportation consumes about 3 ~ 4 kg / day, please use sufficient dry ice for transportation).
* There is no restriction on plant varieties. For varieties with special requirements or rare varieties, please contact our staff for more information.
Feedback to Customers
- A detailed technical report will be provided at the end of the entire project, including experimental procedures and instrument parameters.
- The report also includes quantitative results of targeted metabolites.
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
- Raw data
- A standard experimental procedure takes about 1 ~ 4 weeks.
Creative Proteomics has an integrated separation, detection, identification and quantification system, with excellent robustness and reproducibility, high sensitivity and ultra-sensitivity, and can provide fast and reliable targeted metabolomics services. Our one-stop service model can help you achieve a seamless connection between upstream and downstream experiments. Coupled with personalized analysis services, your analysis can reach the final research purpose. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.