Creative Proteomics' targeted metabolomics services target specific metabolites and pathways of interest, which can accurately monitor dynamic metabolic processes, reveal related metabolic mechanisms and verify potential metabolic biomarkers, to guide your research with reliable and accurate measurement results. CPR is based on LC-MS/GC-MS technology, using target compound standards for method optimization, method validation, biological sample collection, metabolite extraction, mass spectrometry detection, data analysis, etc.
γ-Carotene is a carotenoid, a biosynthetic precursor of vitamin A, and a yellow pigment.
It is formed from cyclization of lycopene by lycopene-cyclase epsilon. It has the effect of plant metabolites and fungal metabolites.
γ-Carotene is found in many foods, such as corn, yellow sweet peppers, figs and papaya, which makes γ-carotene a potential biomarker for these foods.
Along with several other carotenoids, γ-Carotene is a vitamer of vitamin A in herbivores and omnivores.
Its molecular formula is C40H56, and its CAS number is 472-93-5.
MS-based technical means can realize the qualitative and quantitative analysis of γ-carotene.
Structure of γ-carotene
Waters ACQUITY UPLC, MS-SCIEX QTRAP 4500/5500/6500
Agilent 7890B-5977A, Thermo TRACE 1300-TSQ 9000
Features and Advantages
- Use the developed UPLC-MRM / MS method combined with isotope dilution and / or chemical derivatization techniques
- Highly specific, selective and reproducible detection
- Accurate quantification of γ-carotene
- Validate hypotheses proposed by non-targeted metabolomics or other omics
- Research metabolic models for γ-carotene
Technical Workflow of Targeted Metabolomics of γ-carotene
Sample Preparation Suggestions
|Sample type||Suggested sample quantity (per case)||Number of repetitions (recommended)|
|Plant tissue||≥ 1g||≥ 6|
|Animals and clinical organizations||≥ 200 mg||≥ 10|
|Serum, plasma||≥ 200 mg||≥ 6|
|Urine||≥ 200 μl||≥ 6|
|Stool, intestinal contents||≥ 500 μl||≥ 6|
|Cell||≥ 107||≥ 6|
|Microorganism||≥ 107 or ≥ 100 mg||≥ 6|
|Culture broth, fermentation broth||≥ 1 ml||≥ 6|
Samples are stored in liquid nitrogen or -80°C and shipped on dry ice.
Feedback to Customers
- A detailed technical report will be provided at the end of the entire project, including experimental procedures and instrument parameters.
- The report also includes quantitative results of targeted metabolites, such as name, abbreviation, molecular formula, molecular weight and CAS number of the analyte.
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
- Raw data
- A standard experimental procedure takes about 1 ~ 4 weeks.
Creative Proteomics has an integrated separation, detection, identification and quantification system, with excellent robustness and reproducibility, high sensitivity and ultra-sensitivity, and can provide fast and reliable targeted metabolomics services. Our one-stop service model can help you achieve a seamless connection between upstream and downstream experiments. Coupled with personalized analysis services, your analysis can reach the final research purpose. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.