Nicotinic Acid Analysis Service
Nicotinic acid belongs to the vitamin B family, also known as niacin, vitamin B3, and anti-dermatosis factor, and its chemical name is pyridine-3-carboxylic acid. Nicotinic acid is mainly found in animal internal organs, muscle tissue, fruits, and egg yolks. It is one of the 13 essential vitamins for the human body. Nicotinic acid exists in the body in the form of nicotinamide, which constitutes coenzyme I and coenzyme II and is involved in the synthesis of substances in the body and in the regulation of energy metabolic reactions. Nicotinic acid is also one of the components of glucose tolerance factor, which maintains the normal function of insulin. High doses of nicotinic acid lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels and dilate blood vessels. It also plays an important role in inhibiting intestinal inflammatory response and maintaining intestinal health.
At present, nicotinic acid is mainly used in feed additives and pharmaceutical intermediates.
Creative Proteomics can provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of niacin to customers in a variety of fields. Quantitative determination of absolute niacin concentrations by standards. Conventional analysis methods include gas-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and liquid-mass spectrometry (LC-MS). We prefer to use LC-MS for metabonomic analysis. Then, the qualitative and quantitative analysis of nicotinic acid is finally completed by comparing with the analysis results of the standard products under the same analysis conditions.
Molecular structure of nicotinic acid
Technical Route of Targeted Metabolomics of Nicotinic Acid
There is no restriction on sample. For varieties with special requirements or rare varieties, please contact our staff for more information.
- Plant sample ＞ 200 mg / sample,
- Animal tissue ＞ 200 mg / sample
- Cells / microorganisms ＞ 107, supernatant ＞ 2 ml
- Body fluid ＞ 200 µl / sample.
- Others: Such as food products, drugs, etc.
Feedback to Customers
- Detailed technical reports, including experimental steps, related mass spectrometry parameters, substances identification results.
- Part of the mass spectrum picture
Creative Proteomics offers a one-stop shop for qualitative and quantitative nicotinic acid testing. We can also customize the methods or establish new methods together with our collaborators, so they are fit-for-purpose and meet your specific needs. If you have any questions or specific requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- Riera-Borrull M, Rodríguez-Gallego E, Hernández-Aguilera A, et al. Exploring the process of energy generation in pathophysiology by targeted metabolomics: performance of a simple and quantitative method. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2015, 27(1): 168-177.
- Kim M J, Lee M Y, Shon J C, et al. Untargeted and targeted metabolomics analyses of blackberries – Understanding postharvest red drupelet disorder. Food Chemistry, 2019, 300:125169.
- Wang X, Zhao X, Zhao J, et al. Serum metabolite signatures of epithelial ovarian cancer based on targeted metabolomics. Clinica Chimica Acta, 2021, 518: 59-69.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.